Department of Tourism and Hospitality Sector
- The Department of Tourism has made an additional R200 million available to assist SMEs in the tourism and hospitality sector who are under particular stress due to the new travel restrictions.
- Eligible SMEs will need to meet the following criteria – your business must:
- be formally registered with Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)
- not make more than R2.5 million in revenue per year
- Be registered with SARS and tax compliant.
- have guaranteed employment for a minimum number of staff for a period of 3 months – this minimum number is to be confirmed
- have proof of minimum wage compliance
- provide proof of UIF registration for employees employed by the business
- be an existing tourism-specific establishment as outline in the scope of application (suppliers and intermediaries are not eligible)
- be in existence for at least one business financial year
- prove that the relief is required as a result of the impact of COVID-19
- submit financials and 12 months bank statements
- detail how the amount you are applying for will be spent
CURRENT STATUS: developing a call centre to handle enquiries – read more details here.